Quiche and Slaw Recipes
Quiche and slaw are both delicious. They can function as main meals (depending on the recipe), tasty sides, or even mouth-watering appetizers. Better yet, they’re super easy to make.
Here are a couple recipes I came up with while experimenting. Enjoy!
Crustless Sausage & Tomato Quiche
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled, cooked sausage
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven 300 degrees.
- Liberally butter a 9″ pie plate.
- In frying pan, cook sausage and onion in butter until almost done. Set aside to cool. Drain all liquid from crushed tomatoes. Set aside.
- Scramble eggs in bowl. Add cooled sausage and onion and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour mixture into the buttered pie plate.
- Cook in preheated 300 degree oven for 25 minutes, until mix balloons in the plate and eggs are just set, not hard. Remove from oven. Turn oven off. Top quiche with the cheese. Put back in oven to melt cheese. Pull out of oven and top with a bit of fresh sprigs of cilantro, if desired.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side. Yum!
Sweet Potato Slaw
- 4 cups shredded raw sweet potato (one large potato typically enough)
- 2 cups peeled, diced apples
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup celery, thinly chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, homemade
- Soak shredded sweet potatoes in ice cold water 10 minutes. Drain.
- In large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add potatoes, coconut, celery, raisins, seeds, and salt. Toss well. Add mayonnaise and blend well.
- Chill at least one hour, then serve. Variation: Chopped walnuts or pecans instead of sunflower seeds.
I hope you enjoy these recipes. Let me know what you think!